* Specialist PE Teacher released to coordinate sporting programmes, competitions, CPD and offer help and support concerning subject knowledge, funding opportunities and links with community clubs, coaches and National Governing Bodies.
* Quality Assured Expert tutors have worked alongside teachers to give CPD/support and to provide fun sessions for the children: Dan Leins – TriGolf, Serena Williams – Dance, Sue Jarvis – Badminton, Andy Saunders – Self defence and Malcolm Grant – Archery. Teachers have received detailed planning.
* Increasing Provision and opportunities – Both primary and secondary children have had the opportunity to attend the following clubs: sitting volleyball, tag rugby, table cricket, boccia, archery, and self defence, (Chestnut School only). Also, Taster days were organised to introduce the fore mentioned activities.
* Increasing Competition – Secondary students are participating in swimming galas, water polo, ability games, athletic comps and all students participate in School Sports Week in the summer.
* Links with Community Clubs Torquay United – TUFC lunch time club for all and ‘Kick n Swing’ programme. Churston Golf Club – individual tuition during curriculum time, off site at the club and ‘Kick n Swing’ programme.
* Area SEN PE Committee – network to access competition, CPD and community sports coaching initiatives. Subject knowledge updates.
* Gifted and talented – provide pupils who are gifted and talented in sport with additional opportunities: Swimming assessments at Plainmoor and accessing mainstream PE lessons.
* Funding Success. Line markings for the hall – bespoke badminton and basketball, Salcombe Residential and a new play area for Chestnut School.
Engage in more local competition – forging links with primary schools, in particular, and arrange more festivals Kick n Swing programme to start Feb 2015