As from 3pm today, the 20th March 2020, Mayfield ceases to operate in its usual capacity.
We will re-open on Monday morning with limited provision of an offer for all children on an EHC Plan.
However, the Government guidance clearly says:
“the government has asked parents to keep their children at home, wherever possible, and asked schools to remain open only for those children who absolutely need to attend.”
We would therefore ask you carefully to consider whether your child needs a place from Monday 23rd March 2020 until Friday 27th March and then again from Tuesday 14th April 2020 onwards.
There will be different arrangements for the Easter Holidays, specifically for key worker parents and those deemed vulnerable in relation to social care.
We therefore urgently need to collect two main bits of information to help us plan our provision:
- Will you be keeping your child at home for the foreseeable future, in line with the Government guidance?
- Are you a key worker and in what capacity?
Please call our dedicated school line on 01803 321812 before 1pm today with the information above. Alternatively please email email@example.com
If you have already informed us that you are keeping your child at home for the foreseeable future, you do not need to call us.
Please be advised that all plans for the provision we can offer are subject to safe staffing levels and other operational issues that may arise. We would then have to prioritise according to key worker status and vulnerable need.
We will also be sending further information regarding the offer of Free School Meals for those who are currently entitled to this, due to being in receipt of benefits.
Just to remind you, the Government Guidance states these principles should be followed:
- If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
- Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
The guidance above is based on information we have at this time and may change daily as further guidance is released. We will keep you updated and appreciate your support at this challenging time.
You will have heard the Prime Minister say that he feels we can “turn the tide” in 12 weeks, if we as a country follow the guidance the Government have given. Please take care everyone through this time.
We will be asking teachers to be in regular contact over the coming weeks and wish you all the best.